Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I was thinking really hard about some resolutions at about 2 AM on January 1. I was blinking at the last page of my journal thinking, "Come on, all you need is a list of about 5 or 6 things to finish the page!"

But I couldn't think of anything. Not a single thing.

That part of my journal is still blank.

I don't think that the problem is that I can't find anything about myself to improve. I could exercise more, eat better, procrastinate less...but I've come to realize that I'm just too lazy right now to commit to these things. Why make goals to run half marathons in the middle of winter? Why choose to procrastinate less when facebook and this blog are such fun distractions? I guess that I just...like where I am at the moment.

By February I'll think of some good resolutions. But for now, I'm resolving to get myself a peanut butter sandwich and some hot chocolate. That's where true happiness lies.

No comments: